Journaling has always been a hard thing for me to do. I'm too much of a perfectionist to let my handwriting cover pages and pages without worrying about how it looks and I'm often too afraid to let my thoughts become real by writing them. I recently read a book (one of Eric's future seminary texts, actually) about the importance of journaling in a spiritual life. When we moved to Swanzey, I spent the first three months of our marriage/camp-life writing my thoughts in a journal. It was a great release for me, except that I used it as my outlet for the stress of being newly married and not seeing my husband and living in a new place. Although I sought God through my words and read my Bible during those writing times, I used it to replace communicating and discussing with Eric. That is not good spiritual journaling. So I stopped writing, but, don't worry, I did start bringing my thoughts to Eric instead! Now I want to start journaling more.
Enter: blog.
I think I always make my blog entries simple and without depth because of my perfectionism and fear. Why can't I express myself? So, this year, I think I am going to invest more in my blog - not necessarily by deep, intellectual writing (it's me afterall!) but by listing memories and thoughts. It sounds silly, but, let's be honest, it's 2010, and a blog is as real and natural as anything! (I mean according to books I read in 8th grade, we should be living on the moon by now...)
So, from now on, I will update more than once every three months...hopefully! ;)
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment