Pictured above is a card that I made for my brother. (He is curently in Texas for eight weeks in basic training for the Air Force Reserves). As soon as we got his address, I wanted to make a card and send it. Thanks to my husband, as his clever "airplane" suggestion (duh!), I put together this little piece. My favorite part about it is that I made the picture with old Starbucks stickers - the ones you see on the one pund bags of whole bean. Needless to say, I was proud of my creativity. I made a couple more cards, with a different picture, too!
I am realizing more and more how important creativity is to me. You'd think I would've known this already with my career choice! I went through a creativity drought when we first moved here and only now are the flood gates opening to fill my time with art and creative thought. (Nice metaphor, right?!) It has been great having a couple days a week where I can devote all of my energies into design. It won't stay like that for long, thanks to my dependance on a paycheck from Starbucks, but I'm glad to be spending more and more time with creativity.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i LOVE it! so greaT!!!!!
Post a Comment