Sunday, March 2, 2008
water works
the snow is melting. it's such a great sign, only I know all too well that more snow, and undoubtedly, ice, will soon follow. I want it to end! I want spring to finally be here. why do I yearn for it so badly? why am I so disappointed when signs of winter continue to show?
aside from the obvious desire for warmth, I think I might feel left out: colleagues are moving on to bigger and better (or should I say happier) things, weddings are happening right and left (while mine seems so far away), friends are travelling to warm and exotic places, and spring is still a secret. and while i'm so happy for all of these things and those who are experiencing them, I can't help but wish that I was on the receiving end as well.
I'm in the car right now, and its starting to rain, slowly but surely. there's always those few drops that come down before the rest. I want to be like one of those pioneering drops! I want to experience by doing instead of waiting.
so, here's to doing, to living, to loving life and all that God has created for me to experience. I have no idea how to make myself feel involved, but I'm going to try. its worth a shot, right?
I'll let you know how It goes! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
so true.
agreed. on all accounts. well, minus the minor detail of my wedding. though, i guess technically, my wedding is coming, it's just so far away. haha.
but you also have so much coming up so soon! you have so much to look forward to...it's just a matter of time. maybe one way you can live and love and experience all that God has to it's fullest is by taking absolute advantage of the things, people, places and situations that are around you right now. :) easier said than done...i know.
but, i can't freaking wait till spring. :)
umm, i love you. :)
Post a Comment